As noted in the Conditions of Membership, the CMC does not itself, provide training. However, we encourage members to arrange their own mountaineering related training (such as first-aid, mountain-navigation, rope-work etc.) and to use a training grant (see below) towards the cost.
Training should be arranged with a recognized 3rd party provider, such as the BMC.
BMC courses can be found here BMC training page.
Other providers of mountaineering related courses are Plas-y-Brenin and Glenmore Lodge.
- To facilitate members arranging their own training we have established a system allowing members to apply for a grant, from the club, towards their training. This will allow club members to take ownership of their own training, but to receive some financial help from the club.
- Grants will be subject to prior committee approval.
- Members must book/organise their own training courses.
- The club will cover up to 20% of the course fee, up to a maximum £50 per person.
- A member may book a course at any time, perhaps to coincide with an outdoor meet.
- Maximum one grant per person per year.
- Refund will be on presentation of a course payment receipt, and completion certificate.
- The proposal for 2019/20 is to set the budget at £200 from which members may apply for a grant.
- Budget to be carried over each year up to a maximum kitty value of £500.